Seattle Parks and Recreation is reminding residents of its beaches, wading pools, outdoor pools and water spray parks open this summer. Here’s a list of those that are closest to Phinney-Greenwood.
Lifeguarded beaches include:
- East Green Lake, 7201 E Green Lake Dr. N. (open through Aug. 25)
- West Green Lake, 7312 W. Green Lake Dr. (open through Sept. 2).
Beaches are open daily, weather permitting, from noon to 7 p.m. weekdays and 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. Amenities range from swim rafts and low and high diving boards to nearby wading pools, play areas, ballfields, and more.
Lowery C. “Pop” Mounger Pool, at 2535 32nd Ave. W. in Magnolia, is a popular outdoor pool that is open daily through Sept. 8.
Mounger Pool is really two pools in one place. The “big pool” has a 50-foot corkscrew slide and the warmer, shallower “little pool” is great for relaxing and for teaching little ones.
Wading pools open three days a week, from 12-7 p.m., include:
- Bitter Lake, 13035 Linden Ave. N, (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday)
- Soundview, 1590 NW 90th St., (Saturday, Sunday, Monday)
- Wallingford, 4219 Wallingford Ave. N, (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday)
Green Lake wading pool, North 73rd Street and East Green Lake Dr. N. is open from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily.
Daily water spray parks, open from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., include:
- Ballard Commons, 5701 22nd Ave. NW
- Northacres Park, 12800 1st Ave. NE
Click here to download Seattle Parks’ 2013 Summer Guide.