The Phinney Neighborhood Association Business Membership Group, Woodland Park Zoo and Greenwood Library are celebrating Seattle’s LGBT Pride Month with the first-ever Phinneywood Rainbow Hop Saturday, June 1. Participating businesses and non-profits will host family-friendly events focusing on diversity and tolerance.
Participating businesses will be marked with rainbow balloons, and they’ll have printed maps of participating venues.
“Our neighborhood has so many members of the LGBT community now that are raising great families. We wanted to make sure that Seattle’s Pride Celebration included a celebration of those families and had family friendly ways for supporters to participate as well,” Jamie Clausen of Phinney Estate Law and the Rainbow Hop’s co-chair, said in a press release.
Here’s the list of scheduled events and venues:
- Cupcake Decorating: Ampersand Pantry, 424 N. 85th St. — 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Readings from The Genesis Publication: 826 Seattle, 8414 Greenwood Ave. N. — 1-3 p.m.
- Crepe Paper Crafts: Greenwood Library, 8016 Greenwood Ave. N. — 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Balloon Animals: Illuminations Learning Studio, 78th & Greenwood Avenue North — 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Community Art Project: Avanti & Greenwood Elementary School PTA, 7601 Greenwood Ave. N. — 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Reading with Steph: Santoro’s Books, 7405 Greenwood Ave. N. — 12 p.m.
- Wedding Fun: Terra Bella Flowers & A Heavenly Moment, 7321 Greenwood Ave. N. — 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Rainbow Lollipops: Metropolis & Sunburst Homes, 7321 Greenwood Ave. N. — 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Flower Planting: Greenwood Hardware, 7201 Greenwood Ave. N. — 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Rainbow Frozen Treats: Umpqua Bank, 7120 Greenwood Ave. N. — 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Paper Doll Crafts: 99 Monkeys, 7104 Greenwood Ave. N. — 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Chalk Drawing & Piano Playing: A-1 Piano, 7020 Greenwood Ave. N. — 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Rainbow Flags: Starbucks, 316 N. 67th St. — 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Garden Party: PNA, 6532 Phinney Ave. N. — 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Lion Pride Party: Woodland Park Zoo, West Entrance of Zoo — 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Rainbow Bubbles: St. John’s Lutheran, 5515 Phinney Ave. N. — 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- El Chupacabra, Ridge Pizza, and Park Public House will offer food and drink specials during the event.
If you’d like to volunteer to help out on the day of the Rainbow Hop, contact the Phinney Neighborhood Association at [email protected] or 206-783-2244.