The Northwest District Council meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Greenwood Senior Center, 525 N. 85th St.
On the agenda:
- Sidewalks 101, Doug Cox, SDOT – Pedestrian/Bike Safety Program: “Everything you ever need to know about pending City sidewalk projects, and how to get sidewalks constructed in your community.”
- 2013 Neighborhood Park Street Fund:
Annually, the City of Seattle provides $1.25M citywide to fund small scale improvements to Seattle streets and parks. Each of Seattle’s 13 districts is provided approx. $90K from this program to fund projects in their district. Proposals come from community groups and individuals. The 2013 funding cycle attracted nine proposals in the NW district. We must now select only three of these nine which will be further evaluated by Seattle DOT or Seattle Parks for cost and feasibility. The analysis of those three projects will then come back to NWDC in June of this year; at which time we will assign a priority order for our top three projects.
The nine proposals were submitted by four individuals who will each have approximately five minutes to present their projects. Following presentations, balloting of NWDC member organizations reps will select the three proposals to be advanced for further consideration.
- Curb extension — NE corner of Latona Ave NE & NE 54th Street
- Curb extension — SE corner of Latona Ave NE & NE 55th Street.
- Curb ramps — West side of Latona Ave NE @ NE 51, 52, & 53 Streets.
- Curb ramps — North side of N 53 & N 54 between Meridian Ave N and 1 Ave NE
- Curb ramps — 4 corners of 1st Ave NE & NE 55th Street.
- Curb ramps — 2 corners of 1st Ave NE & NE 54th Street
- Curb ramps — West side of Fremont Ave N at N 79 to N 84
- Crosswalk & utility pole — South side of NE 115th Street crossing 5th Ave NE
- Play equipment — Hubbard Homestead Park (11203 5th Ave NE)
For more information or to share your ideas about District Council projects and issues, contact Northwest District Council staff Rob Mattson at [email protected] or 206-684-4051; or NWDC Chair Rick Klingele at [email protected].