Seattle Public Schools is urging all families to enroll students by Tuesday, Aug. 28, so the district can make sure all students are assigned to a school by the first day of school, on Wednesday, Sept. 5.
Families new to Seattle Public Schools who have not yet enrolled can submit their applications by mail, by email, or by visiting us at the John Stanford Center for Educational Excellence (JSCEE) at 2445 3rd Ave. S. You can find a map, driving directions, and bus routes to reach the John Stanford Center here. Downloadable enrollment applications can be found here.
Enrollment hours are 8:30 a.m.- 4 p.m. Monday-Friday.
In addition, families should note that the JSCEE building will be closed Wednesday, Aug. 29 due to a district-mandated unpaid furlough day for all employees, one in a series of furlough days aimed at offsetting reductions in state education funding.
Families of current students who are continuing enrollment at their assigned school DO NOT need to visit the John Stanford Center. Families of current students who wish to transfer schools can submit their enrollment applications via email, by mail or by using our 24-hour drop box located at the JSCEE south entrance, facing Lander Street.
Information on how and where to enroll students is located on the SPS Enrollment page. The web address is www.seattleschools.org/enrollment
Families are also invited to visit the following SPS website links for helpful information:
- Waiting list information
- Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions
- Free and Reduced Price Lunch Program
- Transportation: Information on student yellow bus, Metro and cab service
- School directory: Links to school websites for elementary classroom assignments, middle/high school class schedules and other school-specific details
- Information on full-day kindergarten
- Who to contact at SPS, based on your question
- Contact information for every Seattle Public School department, along with an organizational chart.
For other questions, call Customer Service at (206) 252-0010.