This year’s Gumshoe 5K Walk scavenger hunt raised $5,300 to be split equally among the Greenwood Food Bank, Greenwood Senior Center, and Greenwood Elementary School PTA.
Organizer Mike Veitenhans tells us they sold 284 entry forms, and they estimate that at least two people share each form to do the scavenger hunt, so he believes about 600 people toured around the neighborhood looking for clues.
Photo courtesy of the Gumshoe 5K Walk.
Here are the winners chosen by lottery from completed entry forms:
- Stan Moffett: $250 Fred Meyer gift card
- Jeremiah F.: $150 Fred Meyer gift card
- David Andersen: $100 Fred Meyer gift card
- Angela and Dave Smith: Breakfast at Mae’s Phinney Ridge Cafe and a day at the Woodland Park Zoo with a special behind-the-scenes tour for two adults and two kids.
- Julia Bacharach: Dinner at The Olive and Grape and an evening at Taproot Theatre for two
- Mary Ann Marshall-Wright: $225 worth of gift certificates to nine PhinneyWood eateries (Easty Street Game)
- Christine Cole: $135 worth of gift certificates to nine PhineyWood shops (GumShop Game)
The 2013 Gumshoe will be Aug. 9-18. Veitenhans says he’s also hoping to do a separate Gumshoe in Ballard in September 2013, and possibly in Wallingford in July 2014, but he needs someone to take over the leg work of figuring out routes for those new events. If you’re interested, please email Mike at email@example.com.