There’s absolutely no chance of being bored this weekend, with so many events to choose from. Here are a few highlights; check out the Events calendar any time for more.
The Phinney Farmers Market runs from 3-7 p.m. Friday with fresh veggies, fruit, flowers, bread, meat, eggs, pizza, tamales and a whole lot more.
The monthly Art Up Artwalk is at more than 40 businesses from 6-9 p.m. tonight, and includes a first-time literary crawl.
The Ruby Room is holding its Dresses for Divas sale starting at 6 p.m. at the Phinney Neighborhood Center. Get designer or vintage dresses for as little as $10. All proceeds support The Ruby Room, which provides free homecoming and prom dresses to needy teens.
Folksinger George Mann performs at 7 p.m. Friday at the Green Bean Coffeehouse, 8533 Greenwood Ave. N.
Pretty Little Feet performs a Pacific NW Folklore Society Coffeehouse Concert at 7:30 p.m. Friday at Couth Buzzard Books Espresso Buono Café, 8310 Greenwood Ave. N. On Saturday, author Wendy Joseph reads from “The Witch’s Hand” at 2 p.m. Saturday. And several performers come together for a Woody Guthrie 100th Birthday Cabaret at 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
“Chaps!” opens at Taproot Theatre, 204 N. 85th St.
The Greenwood Concert Band performs at the Ballard Locks at 2 p.m. Saturday, and again at 2 p.m. Sunday at Sandel Park, 9053 1st Ave.
Don’t forget that the intersection Aurora Avenue North and North 85th Street will be closed again this weekend, so Seattle Department of Transportation can finish rebuilding it. The closure is from 10 p.m. Friday through 6 a.m. Monday. One westbound lane across Aurora on 85th Street will remain open. Through traffic on Aurora will be detoured on the north at North 105th Street and on the south at Green Lake Way North (south of Green Lake and Woodland Park).
Metro bus route 358 will be rerouted off Aurora Avenue North in both directions between North 90 Street and Winona Avenue North.
Heading toward Aurora Village, it will travel instead via Winona Av N, West and East Green Lake Dr N, Wallingford Av N, N 90th St and Aurora Av N back to its regular route.
Heading toward downtown Seattle, it will travel instead via N 90th St, Wallingford Av N, East and West Green Lake Dr N and Winona Av N to its regular route.
And there are a ton of events happening around the city this weekend that will likely impact traffic:
- Ballard’s Seafood Fest is expected to draw 25,000 people from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday.
- The Mariners are playing at Safeco Field tonight at 7:10 p.m., again at 6:10 Saturday, and again at 1:10 p.m. Sunday.
- 10,000 cyclists are heading on a 200+ mile bike ride to Portland, starting at the University of Washington at 4:45 a.m. Saturday. They should all be out on the course by 7:30 a.m.
- The Seafair Milk Carton Derby is from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at the south end of Green Lake.
- And there are a bunch of other festivals and parades in various neighborhoods and downtown, so allow extra time getting to where you’re going.