≡ Menu

House fire at 78th & Linden tonight

Update Tuesday 6 p.m.: Seattle Fire Public Information Officer Kyle Moore tells us that fire investigators determined the fire was accidental. It started when a smoldering fire ignited the interior of an unused wall “chase” (a channel that is used to run plumbing or wires). The estimated loss is $60,000.
Earlier: Firefighters responded to a fire at a single-family home at North 78th Street and Linden Avenue North just before 6 o’clock today.

It looks like firefighters had to cut out a part of the front corner of the house.

Seattle Fire Department Spokesman Kyle Moore told us late tonight that the residents of the home saw smoke coming from an electrical outlet and called 911. They all got out safely.
“Firefighters saw a good amount of smoke coming from a column on the outside of the house,” Moore says. “When we opened up the column the flames started shooting out. We were able to knock it down pretty quick.”
Moore said a cause of that fire and damage estimates should be available on Tuesday.

Thanks to Phil for the pictures!