Seattle Department of Transportation had planned to close two intersections along North 85th Street this weekend for paving work — at Greenwood Avenue North and Palatine Avenue North — but those closures have been canceled because of rain in the forecast.
Those intersection closures are planned for next weekend, March 16-19, depending on the weather.
The nearly year-long paving project of North/NW 85th Street from Ballard to I-5 is well underway, with much of 85th Street ripped up from Ballard to Greenwood right now.
This weekend, SDOT crews plan to work from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. on roadway grading between 8th Avenue NW and 10th Avenue NW on the north side.
Here’s what’s coming up next week, March 12-16:
Phase 1 – 15th Ave NW to 8th Ave NW
- Asphalt base paving on NW 85th St (north side) between 10th Ave NW and 8th Ave NW.
- Paving activities will occur Tuesday, March 13 from 6 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Short-term (2-3 hours) side street and driveway restrictions will be required. You will be notified in advance if your driveway will be affected.
- Bus stops may be temporarily relocated during paving.
- Demolition, excavation and replacement of concrete roadway panels, sidewalks, curbs, and curb ramps continues throughout the project area.
- Access to/from NW 85th St at Mary Ave NW (south), 13th Ave NW (south), 10th Ave NW (north) 9th Ave NW (south) and Dibble Ave NW (north) will be closed next week.
Phase 2 – 8th Ave NW to Greenwood Ave N
- Continue roadway demolition, excavation, and replacement of concrete roadway panels on the south side of N/NW 85th St between 8th Ave NW and Greenwood Ave N.
- Access to/from NW 85th St at 6th Ave NW (south side) will continue to be closed for installation of storm drain pipes and concrete work.
Phase 3 – Greenwood Ave N to Aurora Ave N
- Access to/from N 85th St at Phinney Ave N (north side) will remain closed for installation of a stormwater detention pipe.