Seattle Department of Transportation continues its nearly year-long paving project on N/NW 85th Street from Ballard to I-5.
Here’s what SDOT plans to work on this week (planned work hours are from 7 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
Phase 1 – 15th Ave NW to 8th Ave NW
- Demolition, excavation and replacement of concrete roadway panels throughout the project area.
- Removal and replacement of curbs, curb ramps and sidewalk at Mary Ave NW, 11th Ave NW, 10th Ave NW and 9th Ave NW intersections.
- Installation of storm drain pipes and inlets on NW 85th St at 13th Ave NW (south side).
- Access to/from NW 85th St at Mary Ave NW (north side) and 13th Ave NW (north and south sides) will be closed starting this week.
Side-streets can be closed for up to 30 days; closure days are not required to be consecutive.
Phase 2 – 8th Ave NW to Greenwood Ave N
- Continue roadway demolition and excavation on the south side of NW 85th St between 8th Ave NW and 3rd Ave NW.
Residents and businesses will be notified in advance of impacts to driveways.
- Access to/from NW 85th St at 6th Ave NW (south side) will continue to be closed for installation of storm drain pipes and concrete work.
Phase 3 – Greenwood Ave N to Aurora Ave N
- Access to/from NW 85th St at Phinney Ave N (north side) will be closed beginning next week for installation of a stormwater detention pipe; this work will take approximately two to three weeks to complete.
Detention pipe work is allowed to be done out of sequence; Phase 3 roadway work on N 85th St is not anticipated to begin until spring/summer 2012.
Note: construction activities are weather dependent and are subject to change.
Upcoming Construction Activities (stay tuned for additional details):
- Nighttime asphalt paving on NW 85th St is planned between 15th Ave NW and 8th Ave NW at night on Monday March 5; the roadway will be fully closed to traffic at night from Monday at 9 p.m. to Tuesday at 6 a.m.
- Paving is weather dependent and could shift to the night of Tuesday, March 6
- Weekend intersection reconstruction at N 85th St and Greenwood Ave is tentatively scheduled for the weekend of March 9 through 12; the intersection will be fully closed to traffic from Friday, March 9 at 7 p.m. through Monday, March 12 at 6 a.m.
Here’s what construction looks like at NW 85th Street and 6th Avenue NW on Tuesday.