Seattle Department of Transportation will close the intersection of 8th Avenue NW and NW 85th Street to all traffic this weekend and next weekend, so it can rebuild the roadway as part of its year-long repaving of N/NW 85th Street from Ballard to I-5.
Here’s the latest from SDOT:
Work dates (weather dependent):
- Friday, February 3 to Monday, February 6*
- Friday, February 10 to Monday, February 13*
- These dates are tentative based on weather; visit our website, or sign up for email alerts to receive updates on schedule
- 6:00 p.m. Friday to 5:00 a.m. Monday (24-hour continuous work)
- Noisy work activities will be limited between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 9:00 a.m.
- The intersection will be completely closed to traffic for two weekends
- Detour routes will be clearly posted; please follow signed detours and avoid cutting through neighborhood streets
- Eastbound detours will remain in place on NW 85th St between 15th Ave NW and 8th Ave NW
Transit, bicycles and pedestrians:
- Metro bus routes #28 and #48 will be affected by this work; sign up for Metro rider alerts for the latest information on route changes
- Bicycles should detour around the intersection during this work
- Pedestrian crossings will be maintained; flaggers and uniformed police officers will be present during this work to assist pedestrians