Sydney Pawlak, the food bank’s AmeriCorps*VISTA Community Outreach Coordinator, tells me that Umpqua felt “compelled” to help out after our story describing how the food bank would lose 4,000 pounds of groceries a week when the Greenwood Market closes in early February.
The food drive runs from today through Jan. 31. Umpqua Bank is at 7120 Greenwood Ave. N.
The food bank especially needs donations of:
- Canned & Boxed Meals (e.g. soup, macaroni & cheese, etc.)
- Individual-Sized Fruit Cups (e.g. apple sauce, fruit cocktail, etc.)
- Fruit Juices (e.g. canned, plastic or boxed) Peanut Butter & Jelly
- Beverages: (e.g. shelf stable milk, juice, etc.)
- Canned Meats (e.g. tuna, chicken, etc.)
- Snacks (e.g. Graham Crackers, Fruit Snacks, etc.)
The Greenwood Food Bank, at 9041 Greenwood Ave. N., serves more than 3,000 people a month; half are children and seniors.
If anyone else in the neighborhood is holding a food drive for the Greenwood Food Bank, please let us know in comments below.