Don’t forget that the Seattle Department of Transportation is having an open house tonight at the Greenwood Senior Center about the major renovations coming to 85th Street, starting next month.
The year-long project will repave 85th Street from I-5 to 15th Avenue NW, as well as Greenwood Avenue North from North 85th to North 73rd streets. Drivers will have to deal with delays and reroutes to nearby streets.
The work will happen in five phases, starting at 15th Avenue NW and moving east.
- Phase 1 – 15th Avenue NW to 8th Avenue NW
- Phase 2 – 8th Avenue NW to Greenwood Avenue North
- Phase 3 – Greenwood Avenue North to Aurora Avenue North
- Phase 4 – Aurora Avenue North to Wallingford Avenue North
- Phase 5 – Wallingford Avenue North to I-5.
Read our May 13 indepth story on the project.
The open house is from 5-8 p.m. tonight at the Greenwood Senior Center, 525 N. 85th St. Drop in any time to talk with SDOT staff about the project.