Don’t forget that the Seattle Department of Transportation is having an open house next Monday at the Greenwood Senior Center about the major renovations coming to 85th Street, starting next month.
The year-long project to repave 85th Street from I-5 to 15th Avenue NW, as well as Greenwood Avenue North from North 85th to North 73rd streets, will create traffic headaches and detours.
The work will happen in five phases, starting at 15th Avenue NW and moving east.
- Phase 1 – 15th Avenue NW to 8th Avenue NW
- Phase 2 – 8th Avenue NW to Greenwood Avenue North
- Phase 3 – Greenwood Avenue North to Aurora Avenue North
- Phase 4 – Aurora Avenue North to Wallingford Avenue North
- Phase 5 – Wallingford Avenue North to I-5.
Read our May 13 indepth story on the project.
The open house is from 5-8 p.m. Monday at the Greenwood Senior Center, 525 N. 85th St. Drop in any time to talk with SDOT staff about the project.
For more information, contact SDOT Project Manager Jessica Murphy at 206-684-0178, or email email@example.com.