The Seattle Department of Transportation will hold an open house on Sept. 26 to answer all your questions about the major renovations coming to 85th Street, starting next month.
The year-long project to repave 85th Street from I-5 to 15th Avenue NW, as well as Greenwood Avenue North from North 85th to North 73rd streets, will create traffic headaches and detours. Come to the Greenwood Senior Center, 525 N. 85th St., from 5-8 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 26. Since it’s an open house, you can drop in any time to talk with SDOT staff about the project.
The work will happen in five phases, starting at 15th Avenue NW and moving east.
- Phase 1 – 15th Avenue NW to 8th Avenue NW
- Phase 2 – 8th Avenue NW to Greenwood Avenue North
- Phase 3 – Greenwood Avenue North to Aurora Avenue North
- Phase 4 – Aurora Avenue North to Wallingford Avenue North
- Phase 5 – Wallingford Avenue North to I-5.
Read our May 13 indepth story on the project.
For more information, contact SDOT Project Manager Jessica Murphy at 206-684-0178, or email email@example.com.