The local region of International Student Exchange, a foreign exchange student program, is trying to find host homes for high school students who were originally scheduled to spend the school year on the East Coast.
Host families are needed for the following students:
- A boy from Germany who also speaks French and English, enjoys basketball, soccer, swimming, martial arts, baseball, and plays the drums.
- A girl from Brazil who is outgoing and cheerful, loves cooking, reading, playing volleyball, soccer and riding horses.
- A boy from Vietnam who likes playing volleyball, dancing hip hop, and going to the theater, is an A student, and is excited about learning about the American lifestyle.
- A girl from Thailand who loves camping, bowling, shopping, travel, baking, and animals.
- A boy from China who loves reading and collecting things, enjoys school activities and going to the movies, swimming and playing ping pong.
- A boy from Brazil who likes bowling, playing soccer, camping, and loves to volunteer to take care of younger children.
- A boy from South Korea who likes soccer, swimming, bowling, is a black belt in Taekwondo, enjoys music and plays the clarinet.
- A girl from Spain who likes to spend time with her family, playing tennis and basketball, reading and playing the piano.
- A boy from Thailand who likes fishing with his dad, playing golf, basketball and soccer. He loves animals and hopes to be a veterinarian when he gets older.
- A girl from China who is interested in swimming, music and watching sports, and can’t wait to meet her American family.
Students come with good English skills, full health insurance and their own personal spending money, and mainly the desire to be a member of an American family. We ask our families to provide a bed (shared room is okay with similar age range) and meals eaten with the family. Host families do not need to have teenagers of their own; young families as well as empty nesters are excellent high school student hosts this year.
For more information about the students and the program, contact Jamin Henderson at 360-661-0552 or email@example.com.