We had so much fun marching in the Greenwood Seafair Parade last night, and the PhinneyWood kid had a blast passing out seven pounds of candy (sorry we ran out before the end of the parade route!)
While waiting for the parade to start, we asked other parade participants to write on the back of PhinneyWood’s banner. We asked them to answer the question, “What does community mean to you?”
Here are a few of our favorite answers.
- Community means helping each other excel.
- Community means caring for our neighbors.
- Community ends in unity, and that’s what it should do!
- Community means believing in the heart, soul, passion and spirit of building quality of life for children.
- “Community” means a group of people caring about each other in every way.
- Sharing resources and living life together!
- Community means everything!