Tuesday night’s Greenwood Community Council meeting at the Greenwood Library has a packed agenda:
- Update on the nationwide “Night Out” on Aug. 2, where neighbors get together to know each other better in an effort to fight crime.
- PhinneyWood Summer Streets, sponsored by Seattle Department of Transportation and the Greenwood-Phinney Chamber of Commerce, on Friday, Aug. 12. Greenwood Avenue will be closed to cars from North 67 to 87th streets for a party in the streets.
- Several candidates in the upcoming Aug. 16 primary election are expected to stop by.
- Greenwood-Phinney (& Crown Hill) Fruit Harvest
- Greenwood Park Neighborhood Project Funds
- Greenwood-Phinney Chamber Of Commerce Only in Seattle promotion
- Update on 85th Street Rebuild
- Proposed Metro Service Changes
- Central Greenwood Zoning Revision Proposal
- Greenwood Shopping Center plans (Greenwood Market closure, Fred Meyer expansion)
- Emergency Preparedness
- Greenwood Community Council Board Openings: Treasurer, Chair Of Health & Safety, Chair Of Outreach.
The GCC meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Greenwood Library, 8016 Greenwood Ave. N. The meeting is open to the public.