- Annual Night Out (set for Tuesday, Aug. 2) and on crime prevention resources
- Matching Fund applications and grant awards in the NW district
- City policy regarding murals on city-owned property, including proposed city action on vandalized murals on North 57th Street and North 63rd Street.
- Implementation of the Seattle Scofflaw Ordinance
- The available balance of the 2011 District Council Enhancement Fund
The Council also will discuss prioritizing projects that were submitted thorough the 2011 Neighborhood Projects Fund.
In April, the NWDC (through email balloting) selected three projects from a list of nine proposed which were forwarded to SDOT and Parks Department for cost and feasibility analysis. That evaluation on the three NW district projects is now available. NWDC must now make its final recommendation on the priority order to fund these projects taking into consideration the estimated cost against the approx $90K of funds available.
The three projects competing in this process are:
- Intersection improvements – N 66th & Linden Ave N
- Walkway improvements – south side of woodland Park Zoo (N 50th), between Fremont N and Phinney N
- Green Lake path centerline delineating ‘heels’ vs ‘wheels’
For more information or to share your ideas about NW District Council projects, contact Northwest District Council staff Rob Mattson at 206-684-4051, or firstname.lastname@example.org; or NWDC Chair Steve Deters, at 437-4940, or email@example.com.
The NWDC meets on the fourth Wednesday of each month, at 7 p.m. at the Greenwood Senior Center.