Both the Northwest District Council and Greenwood Community Council have monthly meetings this week.
The Northwest District Council meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Greenwood Senior Center, 525 N. 85th St.
On the agenda:
- Report by Northwest District Council staff Rob Mattson on 2011 Neighborhood Matching Fund Large Projects; update on results of NW District balloting on which projects to fund in the 2011 Neighborhood Projects Fund; and an update on the “Bridging the Gap” paving project for 85th Street from I-5 to 15th Avenue NW, scheduled to begin in October.
- Presentation by Officer Travis Testerman, Community Police Team officer for neighborhoods in the NW District.
- “How Our Community Can Prepare For Emergency Conditions,” by Mark Howard, Community Planning Coordinator, Office of Emergency Management.
For more information or to share your ideas about District Council projects and issues contact Northwest District Council staff Rob Mattson at 684-4051 or email@example.com, or NWDC Chair Steve Deters, at 437-4940 firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Greenwood Community Council will meet from 7-9 p.m. Thursday at the Greenwood Library.
On the agenda:
- Update on acquiring new parks space in the neighborhood
- Development of a Community Emergency HUB site
- Presentation on the “Bridging the Gap” paving project for 85th Street
- Presentation by Fred Meyer’s Development Director, Tom Gibbons, on the current status of the upcoming Fred Meyer remodel project in the Greenwood Town Center.
Note: Next month the GCC will resume its regular meeting schedule on the fourth Tuesday of the month. All meetings are from 7-9 p.m. at the Greenwood Library.