The Phinney Neighborhood Association is looking for a new director for its PNA Kids! program.
The PNA Kids! Director has responsibility for the ongoing operation of the PNA Kids! Program. Operating at two locations, Whittier Elementary and the Phinney Neighborhood Center, PNA Kids! serves 250‐300 families annually with a budget of $900,000. Twenty teachers and support staff maintain the PNA Kids! Program, which include a pre‐school (half and full day options) and two before‐and after‐school care programs (K‐5th grade).
The PNA Kids! Director has oversight for: program planning and implementation, staff training and supervision, health and safety planning, fiscal management, and program marketing. These activities are carried out under the oversight of the PNA Executive Director. This position requires occasional evening and weekend work. The PNA provides a competitive salary, flexible work environment, and health benefits.
- BA in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Human Development with a Child Development endorsement, Elementary Education with an Early Learning endorsement, or closely related field of study.
- Four or more years of direct experience working with young children ages 3 through 12 and their families; experience working with students with special needs is preferred.
- At least three years supervisory experience with increasing levels of responsibility in an early learning group setting.
- Knowledge of and commitment to cultural relevancy and anti‐bias practices.
- Experience developing and managing budgets.
- Knowledge about state licensing regulations, NAEYC accreditation standards, and current research on best practice.
- Ability to lead, inspire, and motivate staff.
Salary range: $49,000 ‐ $53,000, depending on qualifications and experience. Benefits include health care and paid time off. This is a full time, salaried, exempt position.
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m., April 23.