Picnic food and wine boutique at 6801 Greenwood Ave. N. is turning its usual Thursday night wine taste from 5:30-7:30 p.m. into a fundraiser for Haiti earthquake relief efforts. (Picnic is a PhinneyWood sponsor.)
Our usual $8 wine tasting fee will be waived. Instead make the $8 suggested donation to help raise money for Haiti. All funds raised will be donated to ShelterBoxUSA.org. A great and effective solution to disaster relief.
Event features include a wine tasting and an Art Opening for Sierra Scott’s beautiful paintings. An Australian native, Sierra’s works have an aboriginal grit and truth that is at once harsh and beautiful. Our good friend Vito returns to pour a selection of Australian wines to pair with the images you will see.
10% of proceeds from ALL ART and ALL WINE SOLD will be donated to ShelterBoxUSA.org.
Here’s more information on ShelterBox:
Each ShelterBox is a large, rugged, green plastic container that holds a 10-person tent and a range of other equipment. In general, typical box contents could include:
- Thermal blankets and insulated ground sheets
- Waterproof ponchos and bin bags
- A multi-fuel stove that can burn anything from diesel to old paint
- Cooking pans, utensils, bowls and mugs
- Collapsible water containers and water purification tablets
- A basic tool kit – hammer, axe, saw, pliers, hoe head, trenching shovel, rope etc.
- A small, children’s pack containing drawing books, crayons, pens etc.