Plenty of fun to be had around the neighborhood and nearby this weekend:
- Phinney Farmers Market at the Phinney Center from 3-7 p.m. Friday. On the fresh list this week is strawberries, cherries, snowpeas, asparagus, beets, Swiss chard, cauliflower, broccoli, fennel, a myriad of greens, rhubard, and far too many other yummy things to mention. The Stairwell Singers perform from 4-6 p.m. Check out the Neighborhood Farmers Market Alliance “Ripe and Ready” report.
- Art Up/Open Up monthly artwalk along Greenwood Avenue from 6-9 p.m. Dozens of Penguins on the March will be displayed at The Greenwood Collective at 8537 Greenwood Ave. N.
- Fremont gets crazy Friday night with the annual Fremont 5K and Briefcase Relay, where participants dress in professional office attire from the waist up and carry five cans of food in their briefcase. Fremont Universe has all the details.
- Ballard has its second famiy-friendly (and law abiding) Kidical Mass ride Saturday morning. Check out MyBallard for the scoop.
- As for neighborhood traffic, on Saturday Seattle Department of Transportation crews will be paving along North 46th Street at North Phinney Way (traffic will share a single lane and a sidewalk will be closed); along North 46th Street between Woodlawn Avenue North and Fremont Avenue North (traffic will be shifted over one lane and the sidewalk on one side of the street will be closed); and on Market Avenue Northwest between 6th Avenue Northwest and 8th Avenue Northwest. Crews will work from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., so expect some congestion.
- And remember that the UW has its graduation ceremonies Saturday and SPU holds its graduation at Safeco Field on Sunday afternoon, and the Sounders play Saturday night, so I-5, 520, 99 and downtown streets will be extra busy this weekend.