Yes, our neighborhoods got the short end of the stick on the timing, the forecast and the pre-8 p.m. sunset, but if you’re at all interested in the Summer Streets program, be there from 6-9 p.m. tonight on our main drag from 65th and Phinney Avenue North, to 87th and Greenwood Avenue North to show your neighborhood spirit.
As we’ve written before, there are several planned Summer Streets activities, along with an expanded offering of monthly Art Walk offerings, including:
- A wiffleball game near the intersection of Greenwood and 72nd St.
- Painting in the stret outside Bherd Studios at 8537 Greenwood Ave. N.
- The Bubble Man will be in front of Metropolis from 6-7 p.m.
- Live music at several businesses.
- 2-for-1 tickets to tonight’s 8 p.m. performance of “Tuesdays with Morrie” at Taproot Theatre for anyone living in the 98103, 98107 and 98117 zip codes. Just ask for your “Art Walk 2-for-1″ ticket when calling the box office at 206-781-9707.
- Viking Bank’s bike check in the 8500 block of Greenwood Ave N. from 6-9 p.m.
- TwigChildren’s Boutique at 8317 Greenwood Ave. N reopening for the evening as a gallery space with original artist screens on children’s T-shirts and other items for little ones.
- More than 30 businesses turning into gallery and play spaces for the evening. Check out the official Art Up website for a complete list.
Heck, Strange dancer is doing a “rain rain go away” dance. But if that’s not enough to inspire you against the weather and timing odds, let John Belushi motivate you (warning: For all of you too young to remember this scene, the mascot in this was not in the original).