Here are some highlights of events in and around Phinney Ridge and Greenwood this weekend. Check our Events calendar any time for more.
Phinney Farmers Market is from 3-7 p.m. Friday in the upper parking lot of the Phinney Neighborhood Association, 6532 Phinney Ave. N.
Couth Buzzard Books, 8310 Greenwood Ave. N., presents Firebird Sweet & Dos Manos in concert at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Pint & Dale — Songs of the Seven Seas at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, and Open Jazz Jam with Kenny Mandell (all levels welcome) at 2 p.m. Sunday.
Babel/Salvage Presents: Ogopogo at 7:30 p.m. Sunday at The Pocket Theatre, 8312 Greenwood Ave. N.
Free Boxing Power Hour at Title Boxing at 11 a.m. Saturday, 112 N. 85th St.
Maritime Pacific Brewing, owned by Phinney residents George and Jane Hancock, is having a huge 25th anniversary on Saturday as a fundraiser for the Ballard Food Bank. Tickets are $25 for adults in advance, $30 at the door; $10 for kids in advance, $12 at the door. Price includes drinks and food (ID required for alcohol). There’s a pig roast, clam bake, beer garden, climbing wall, dunk tank, inflatables, mechanical bull, and live music all day from Northwest bands. 25 Beers for 25 Years runs from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday at 1111 NW Ballard Way.
Traffic will be a challenge this weekend:
- Washington State Department of Transportation will close Aurora Avenue North/State Route 99 between the south end of the Battery Street Tunnel and Valley Street so crews can shift the roadway to the west as part of the Alaskan Way Viaduct Replacement Program. Southbound lanes will close at 10 p.m. Friday, while the northbound lanes will close two hours after the end of the Mariners game. All lanes will reopen by 5 a.m. Monday. You can get more information on the project and see a map here. And plan your commute by checking out WSDOT’s travel tools or Seattle Department of Transportation’s traveler’s information web page. See Metro’s Service Advisories Page for information on bus reroutes.
- WSDOT crews also will close up to two right lanes of northbound SR 99 across the Aurora Bridge for maintenance work from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, and two southbound lanes of the Aurora Bridge from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday.
- The Seattle Marathon 10K Race starts and ends at Gasworks Park on Saturday, so be aware of street closures and detours.
- Run Like a Viking 5K starts and end s at Golden Gardens in Ballard on Saturday.
- Plus, the Mariners play at Safeco Field at 7:10 p.m. Friday, 6:10 p.m. Saturday and 1:10 p.m. Sunday.