Eat out on Thursday, Oct. 13, and choose from 23 neighborhood restaurants, pubs and coffee shops that have all agreed to donate a portion of their sales from that day to the PNA Hot Meal Program as part of the annual Phabulous Phinney Pig Out.
So you grab a cup of coffee and a pastry in the morning, go out to lunch with your co-workers, and take your spouse out to dinner or for dessert. It all counts.
Participating restaurants will be marked with balloons donated by Metropolis:
- 74th St Ale House, 7401 Greenwood Ave. N.
- Barking Dog Alehouse, 705 NW 70th St.
- Carmelita, 7314 Greenwood Ave. N.
- El Chupacabra, 6711 Greenwood Ave. N.
- Fresh Flours, 6015 Phinney Ave. N.
- Gainsbourg, 8550 Greenwood Ave. N.
- Gaspare Ristorante, 6705 Greenwood Ave. N.
- In the Red Wine Bar, 6510 Phinney Ave. N.
- Kouzina, 8403 Greenwood Ave. N.
- Mae’s Phinney Ridge Cafe, 6412 Phinney Ave. N.
- Makeda Coffee, 153 N. 78th St.
- Naked City Brewery & Tap House, 8564 Greenwood Ave. N.
- New’s Noodles, 8576 Greenwood Ave. N.
- The Olive and Grape, 8516 Greenwood Ave. N.
- Oliver’s Twist, 6820 Greenwood Ave. N.
- Pete’s Egg Nest, 7717 Greenwood Ave. N.
- Picnic, 6801 Greenwood Ave. N.
- Red Mill Burgers, 312 N. 67th St.
- Santa Fe Cafe, 5910 Phinney Ave. N.
- Stumbling Goat Bistro, 6722 Greenwood Ave. N.
- Tangerine Thai, 5914 Phinney Ave. N.
- Wingdome, 7818 Greenwood Ave. N.
- Yanni’s Greek Restaurant, 7419 Greenwood Ave. N.
Since 1998, the Phinney Neighborhood Association, in collaboration with St John United Lutheran Church in Phinney and, more recently, Crown Lutheran Church in Ballard, has been feeding low-income, disabled and elderly neighbors through its Hot Meal Program. Three days a week, every week, the program serves 150-200 meals for an annual total of about 23,000 meals.
Grants from the City, dedicated volunteers and donated food take care of a large percentage of the cost of this program but not all of it.
Donations can be made directly to the PNA Hot Meal Program, 6532 Phinney Ave N, Seattle, WA 98103.